Whether you look for an immediate restorative or intermediate prosthetic solution, discover secured and fast options that can help you and your patients.
Non-Aerosol SMART Restoration using capsulated glass ionomer
SMART is a modified technique derived from Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) which involves the removal of carious tooth tissue with hand instruments followed by restoration with a glass ionomer cement.
It is a minimal invasive, less traumatic treatment option: no drill, no injection and no pain is experienced.
1. Place cotton roll at buccal and lingual area for moisture control, remove soft carious lesion at DEJ by spoon excavator in circular motion (Partial caries removal only).
The ‘outer carious dentine’ or ‘infected dentine’ is soft and infected and should be removed. The ‘inner carious dentine’ or ‘affected dentine’ can remineralise and should be retained.
2. Clean floor of the cavity with wet and dry cotton pellets.
3. Apply Dentin Conditioner using a cotton pellet for 20 seconds to remove the smear layer.
4. Clean the conditioned cavity with cotton pellet soak in water. Then dry with another clean cotton pellet afterwards.
5. Capsule Activation.
- Shake or tap to loosen powder.
- Depress plunger and hold down firmly for 2 sec.
- Mix for 10 sec. in capsule mixer.
- Click twice to prime the capsule, then you can dispense it already to the prepared cavity.
6. Injection of Fuji IX GP EXTRA on the cleaned and dried cavity should be undertaken immediately following mixing. This will ensure intimate surface contact of the cement to the tooth for optimum chemical adhesion.
7. Wet finger slightly with cocoa butter and press the Glass Ionomer deep into the fissures and then slide out carefully.
8. Check occlusion by biting from opposite plane.
9. Carve the excess Glass Ionomer while avoiding moisture contamination and drying out.
10. Finished SMART restoration.
Courtesy Dr. J Zamora
The Fluid Glass Ionomer Fuji / Gold Label VII is a great evidence-based choice for temporary and intermediate restorations. It provides superior protection against bacteria compared to zinc oxide/eugenol and zinc phosphate cements. Fuji / Gold Label VII also helps prevent secondary caries.
Using the light pink shade, Fuji / Gold Label VII is clearly identifiable to the patient as a temporary solution. If preferred, Fuji / Gold Label VII White can be used.
Courtesy Dr. J.J Lasfargues, France
When a patient presents multiple active lesions, the use of Fuji / Gold Label VII will seal open cavities and arrest caries progression. Caries stabilization techniques are particularly helpful when treating elderly, dental phobic, medically compromised and very young patients.
Only soft dentin is removed using an ultra-slow hand piece or hand instruments. 2 mm of clean margins will be prepared at the periphery for an optimized seal. Fuji / Gold Label VII will seal the demineralized dentin and release fluoride to help remineralize it.
Courtesy Dr. H. Ngo, Australia
Instant solution for the aesthetic and reliable replacement of missing teeth
The use of everStickC&B fibre reinforcement offers a unique treatment method for replacing missing teeth. With everStickC&B, you can prepare composite bridges reinforced with fibres in one single visit using a minimally invasive technique. This evidence-based fibre reinforcement technology provides you with a metal-free, cost-effective treatment method to complement your prosthodontic treatment choice.
Clinical Case: Replacement of a missing tooth in one session only with a direct bonding approach.
Courtesy Prof Peumans, Belgium